December 7th 10:30am
The Gadsden Christmas Parade is all about the children of our community. We host this annual event as a fun activity for our children and proceeds from this event are given to children’s organizations sponsored by the Kiwanis.
Marching Bands Are Free
Registration begins October 1st. Deadline to register and pay entry fee is the last week of November
- Your participation must represent Christmas.
- All floats, flatbeds and other vehicles must be decorated to represent the theme.
- One overall Gadsden Christmas Parade Champions will be chosen from the “floats category” and that winning entry will receive a $500 prize.
- Second and third place entries will receive an entry fee waiver for next years Christmas Parade.
- Please note that failure to appropriately decorate floats as required will disqualify you from entering next years parade and may restrict you from participating in this parade.
- Multi-axle vehicles are prohibited. Exceptions are flat-bed trailers for floats and municipal vehicles. Others (such as wreckers) are permitted but only if pulling a float. They will incur a $100 fee in addition to the float. We will be happy to assist you in pairing with a float participant if you do not have one.
- Sirens and horns are not permitted. Usage of either will disqualify you from any and all future parades. Parents have requested this as the noise scares small children.
- Vendors must coordinate with the City of Gadsden for all permitting.
- Candy, toys or similar items cannot be thrown from floats. Doing so causes children to run into the street and endangers them. However, we encourage you to hand out these items along the sidewalk.